{"id":"court_ctb_644_25","court":"CTB","case_no":"22-50073","doc_number":644,"sub_number":25,"doc_type":"UNKNOWN","filed_date":"2022-07-29","title":"- -","summary_zh":null,"summary_en":null,"body_en":"-\n-\n\n![](_page_0_Picture_4.jpeg)\n\n![](_page_1_Picture_1.jpeg)\n\nGuo Wengui Photographer: Timothy A. Clary/AFP via Getty Images\n\nBy [Natalie](http) Lung and [Tiffany](http) Kary August 16, 2018 at 1:07 AM EDT\n\nThe daughter of exiled Chinese property tycoon Guo Wengui is seeking the release of assets that she says Hong Kong police have frozen as part of a probe into whether the family laundered \\$4.2 billion through local companies.\n\nThe conflict is the latest twist in the saga of Guo, also known as Miles Kwok, a mainland Chinese businessman and prominent critic of the government in Beijing. Living in exile in the U.S. since 2015, Guo is known for lobbing allegations of political corruption involving high-level officials from the ruling Communist Party, including via YouTube and [Twitter](htt).\n\nThe assets freeze came to light through a lawsuit filed with Hong Kong's High Court on Tuesday by Anton Development Ltd., whose director and sole shareholder is Guo's daughter, Guo Mei. The lawsuit seeks to release company funds that have been frozen since July 2017, arguing that holding the money indefinitely without explanation or update on the status of the investigation was \"irrational and oppressive.\"\n\nThe Hong Kong police declined to comment on the case Wednesday and it was unclear whether any probe is ongoing. Case 22-50073 Doc 644-25 Filed 07/29/22 Entered 07/29/22 13:36:15 Page 3 of 4\n\nGuo and a New York-based lawyer who represents him didn't respond to inquiries. A representative for Anton's law firm said Thursday they had no further comment on the case.\n\n## **'Indictable Offence'**\n\n## **The latest in global politicsThe latest in global politicsThe latest in global politics**\n\nGet insight from reporters around the world in the Balance of Power newsletter.Get insight from reporters around the world in the Balance of Power newsletter.Get insight from reporters around the world in the Balance of Power newsletter.\n\nSign up to this newsletter\n\nPolice told Anton they're investigating whether Guo and his associates laundered HK\\$32.9 billion (\\$4.2 billion) through personal bank accounts and others held by their local companies, including Anton and Hong Kong International Funds Investments Ltd., according to the filing. Investigators said the money was \"known or believed to represent proceeds of an indictable offence\" under the Organized and Serious Crimes Ordinance, the lawsuit said.\n\nAnton said the police applied for warrants in August 2017 to search its offices and those of HKIFIL, which is also owned by Guo Mei. The then-manager of both companies, Qu Guojiao, was arrested on suspicion of money laundering that same month and released on bail, Anton said in court papers, without elaborating.\n\nAnton said that the account freeze violated its rights to private property as protected by Hong Kong law. The accounts contained a combined balance of at least \\$199.2 million, of which some \\$93 million originated from an Abu Dhabi sovereign fund, according to the filing.\n\n\"All along, Anton has had no idea on what basis the police continued with the freezing of the accounts month after month,\" the company said in the court filing. The company said it was \"wholly unreasonable and disproportionate\" to hold its assets indefinitely.\n\nGuo was [sued](http) last year for defamation by Chinese companies including conglomerate HNA Group Co. after saying that Communist Party officials were undisclosed shareholders. Guo has said his allegations are true, and therefore it wasn't defamation.\n\nIn a separate case, China said in April 2017 that it had asked Interpol to issue a red notice for Guo's arrest, alleging he had paid a bribe of 60 million yuan (\\$8.7 million) to a former state security official. Guo has said in separate court filings that the Interpol notice was an attempt to silence him, and that the Chinese Communist Party has also tried to discredit him by directing internet users to criticize him online. Case 22-50073 Doc 644-25 Filed 07/29/22 Entered 07/29/22 13:36:15 Page 4 of 4\n\n*— With assistance by David Tweed*\n\n[Terms of Service](http) Do Not Sell My Info (California) [Trademarks](http) [Privacy Policy](http) ©2022 Bloomberg L.P. All Rights Reserved [Careers](http) [Made in NYC](http) [Advertise](http) [Ad Choices](http) [Help](http)","body_zh":"Guo Wengui（郭文贵） 摄影：Timothy A. Clary/AFP via Getty Images\n\n作者：[Natalie] Lung 与 [Tiffany] Kary，2018年8月16日，EDT凌晨 1:07\n\n流亡的中国房地产大亨 Guo Wengui（郭文贵）之女正在寻求解冻相关资产，她称香港警方已将这些资产冻结，此举是对该家族是否通过当地公司洗钱 42 亿美元调查的一部分。\n\n这场冲突是关于郭（又名 Miles Kwok）传奇故事的最新转折。他是一名中国大陆商人，也是对北京政府的著名批评者。郭自 2015 年起流亡美国，以在 YouTube 和 [Twitter] 等平台上针对执政的共产党高层官员抛出政治腐败指控而闻名。\n\n这项资产冻结是通过 Anton Development Ltd.（安东发展有限公司）于周二向 Hong Kong's High Court（香港高等法院）提起的诉讼而曝光的，该公司的董事兼唯一股东是郭的女儿 Guo Mei（郭美）。该诉讼旨在解冻自 2017 年 7 月以来一直被冻结的公司资金，并辩称在没有解释或调查进展更新的情况下无限期扣押这笔资金是“不合理且具有压迫性的”。\n\n香港警方周三拒绝对此案发表评论，目前尚不清楚调查是否仍在进行。Case 22-50073 Doc 644-25 Filed 07/29/22 Entered 07/29/22 13:36:15 Page 3 of 4\n\n郭及其常驻纽约的代理律师未回应质询。Anton 的律师事务所的一名代表周四表示，他们对此案没有进一步评论。\n“可公诉罪行”\n全球政治最新动态全球政治最新动态全球政治最新动态\n\n通过《权力平衡》简报获取来自世界各地记者的深刻见解。通过《权力平衡》简报获取来自世界各地记者的深刻见解。通过《权力平衡》简报获取来自世界各地记者的深刻见解。\n\n订阅此简报\n\n起诉文件显示，警方告知 Anton，他们正在调查郭及其同伙是否通过个人银行账户以及其当地公司持有的其他账户洗钱 329 亿港元（42 亿美元），这些公司包括 Anton 和 Hong Kong International Funds Investments Ltd.（香港国际基金投资有限公司）。诉状称，调查人员表示，根据《有组织及严重罪行条例》（Organized and Serious Crimes Ordinance），这笔资金“已知或被相信代表可公诉罪行的收益”。\n\nAnton 表示，警方于 2017 年 8 月申请了搜查令，对其办公室以及同样由 Guo Mei 拥有的 HKIFIL 的办公室进行了搜查。Anton 在法庭文件中称，两家公司当时的经理 Qu Guojiao（屈国娇）于当月因涉嫌洗钱被捕并获准保释，但未作详细说明。\n\nAnton 表示，冻结账户侵犯了受香港法律保护的私有财产权。起诉文件显示，这些账户的总余额至少为 1.992 亿美元，其中约 9300 万美元源自阿布扎比主权基金。\n\n“一直以来，Anton 完全不知道警方依据什么逐月继续冻结这些账户，”该公司在法庭起诉文件中表示。该公司称，无限期扣押其资产是“完全不合理且不成比例的”。\n\n郭去年因声称共产党官员为未公开股东，被包括大型企业集团 HNA Group Co.（海航集团有限公司）在内的中国公司[起诉]诽谤。郭曾表示他的指控属实，因此不构成诽谤。\n\n在另一起案件中，中国于 2017 年 4 月表示已请求 Interpol（国际刑警组织）对郭发布红色通缉令，指控他向一名前国家安全官员行贿 6000 万元人民币（870 万美元）。郭在其他法庭文件中表示，国际刑警组织的通知是试图让他噤声，且中国共产党还试图通过指派网民在网上批评他来抹黑他。Case 22-50073 Doc 644-25 Filed 07/29/22 Entered 07/29/22 13:36:15 Page 4 of 4\n\n— David Tweed 协助报道\n\n[服务条款] 请勿出售我的信息（加利福尼亚州） [商标] [隐私政策] ©2022 Bloomberg L.P. 保留所有权利 [职业机会] [纽约制造] [广告] [广告选择] [帮助]","key_entities":["Guo","Kwok","Chinese Communist Party"],"ecf_references":[],"word_count":671,"status":"published","published_at":"2022-07-29 00:00:00","created_at":"2022-07-29","updated_at":"2026-08-23 12:27:38"}